Direct Support Professional Part-Time & Full-Time
- Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing direct support, positive direction, and assistance to individuals in accordance with program policies and procedures; and personal outcome measures.
- Essential Job Functions: Provides supports to people served by assisting in the development and implementation of all Habilitation Plans, assisting people in achieving their personal goals and desires, providing interaction and choices for activities that support a meaningful day, and supporting people to be independent in activities of daily living. Obtains and maintains all required certifications and trainings and applies the information to support people served; maintains open communication and cooperative work effort with supervisor and supports the Mission of A-1 Universal Care, Inc. Qualified candidates will be responsible for ensuring people’s rights are respected and that you are familiar with their goals and interest. This position requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing, organizational skills and the ability to be reliable and dependable.
- Minimum Requirements: Qualified applicants must be able to transport individuals in their community. Must have at least a High school diploma/GED. One year experience in a human service field preferred. Valid NYS License required. Required Criminal Background Checks and Statewide Central Register Checks are completed for all potential hires.
Non Medicaid Case Manager- Part-Time
- Job Description: The NMCM will be responsible for assisting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD) with accessing OPWDD and community supports. The NMCM will also assist individuals with obtaining Medicaid and other Federal, State and County Resources as appropriate.
- Essential Job Functions: Conduct face-to-face intake and screenings to determine individual’s eligibility.
Assess individual’s needs and arrange service delivery while assisting with obtaining Federal, State, and County Funded Services, as appropriate. Conduct face-to-face visits as necessary and complete Home and Community Based Waiver Application, as appropriate. Attend scheduled trainings and staff meetings. Maintain NMCM case records. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements: Associate’s Degree in the Health & Human Services field. At least 1 year of case management experience or with individuals with IDD/Autism preferred. Excellent communication and written skills. Valid NYS Driver’s License
Vocational Counselor (Click on link below for more details and to apply)